I am Keith Whiteford, MBACP (Accredited), MHS, Dip Hyp CS
I am a BACP Accredited psychodynamic counseller working with men and women over 16 years in my St Albans private practice. I have a eight year on-going commitment to counselling and assessment in a charitable agency setting. I am registered with The National Hypnotherapy Society.
My previous involvement in the retail banking sector provided the experience of working with diversity and gave me insight into those psychological stresses, specific and non-specific to those working in a fast moving commercial environment. I am also involved in a senior position with the student’s union in a major educational establishment giving me an insight into current student issues.
My aim is to support those who seek to resolve their issues by greater self-knowledge, an eagerness to develop, change what can be changed, or learn to accept what can never change through an experience of professional insight, unconditional positive regard, and a trusting warm therapeutic relationship.
My therapeutic stance is one of approachability and understanding. I am a robust therapist, able to hear whatever needs to be heard, and to manage painful feelings. I strive to provide an honest, empathic and trustworthy environment where it feels possible to talk openly about personal issues without fear of judgement and with the assurance of total confidentiality.
I adhere to the ethical standards of the BACP (http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethical_framework/good_standard.php) and The HS (http://www.nationalhypnotherapysociety.org/about/code-of-ethics/).
Professional Qualifications, Memberships and Registered service provider
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- HBCF Advanced Certificate in Counselling Skills
- WPF Graduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling
- Accredited Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Enhanced CRB Disclosure
- Professional member of The National Hypnotherapy Society
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- HBCF Post qualifying certificate in CBT
- NLP practitioner
- Diploma Grief & Bereavement Counselling
- Diploma Child & Adolescent Counselling
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling